COBIT® Training Course
- Gain comprehensive knowledge of COBIT® framework
- Understand how to align IT goals with overall business objectives
- Learn to effectively manage and govern IT processes and functions
ITIL® Training Course
- Master the best practices of IT service management
- Acquire skills to enhance IT operations and service delivery
- Understand how to improve customer satisfaction and reduce costs through ITIL®
ISO/IEC 27002 Training Course
- Learn the principles and practices of information security management
- Understand risk management and control objectives for information and related technology
- Gain expertise in implementing and maintaining security measures based on ISO/IEC 27002
eTOM Training Course
- Learn the Telecommunication Operations Map (eTOM) framework
- Understand how to optimize business processes in the telecom industry
- Gain knowledge to enhance service delivery and operational efficiency in telecom organizations
Benefit and Outcome for “CobiT®, ITIL® and ISO/IEC 27002, eToM Training Courses”
- Enhanced Skills: Gain in-depth knowledge and skills in CobiT®, ITIL®, ISO/IEC 27002, and eToM frameworks.
- Industry Recognition: Acquire certifications that are globally recognized and valued in the IT industry.
- Improved Services: Learn to align IT services with business goals, resulting in enhanced service delivery.
- Risk Management: Understand and implement best practices for managing IT-related risks and compliance with regulations.
- Operational Efficiency: Improve operational efficiency through standardized processes and procedures.
- Career Advancement: Open doors to new career opportunities and advancement within the IT industry.
- Certifications: Obtain official certifications in CobiT®, ITIL®, and ISO/IEC 27002.
- Improved Processes: Implement best practices from the training to streamline IT processes and improve overall performance.
- Risk Mitigation: Develop strategies to identify and mitigate IT-related risks, ensuring a secure and compliant IT environment.
- Service Alignment: Align IT services with business objectives to improve overall service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Professional Growth: Enhance your professional profile and increase your market value with specialized knowledge and certifications.
Invest in your career with CobiT®, ITIL®, and ISO/IEC 27002, eToM training courses to gain expertise, industry recognition, and improved IT service delivery and compliance.
- Customer Relationship Management ( CRM )
- IT Services Management
- ITIL® 4 Foundation Certification Training Course
ITIL offers best practices for delivering IT services using a systematic approach to IT service management (ITSM). ITIL certification is near the top of almost every list of must-have IT certifications, and for good reason. As an IT management framework, ITIL can help businesses manage risk, strengthen customer relations, establish cost-effective practices, and build a stable IT environment that allows for growth, scale, and change.
The ITIL 4 was updated by Axelos in February 2019 to include a stronger emphasis on maintaining agility, flexibility, and innovation in ITSM, while still supporting legacy networks and systems. As of 2021, ITIL 4 has been fully rolled out and Axelos announced plans to discontinue ITIL 3 completely by the start of 2022.
- Service Management as a Practice
- Generic Concepts
- ITIL Service Lifecycle
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Service Operations
- Continual Service Improvement
- ITIL Foundation Exam Tips and Tricks
Enhanced Telecom Operations Map ( eTOM )
In use by hundreds of companies around the world, accepted as a formal standard by the ITU-T, and translated into 6 languages, the eTOM is truly the business process heart of the TeleManagement Forum’s ( TMF ) New Generation Operations Systems and Software (NGOSS) framework. By providing the industry with a common structure for defining and sharing business processes, the eTOM enables service providers and their suppliers to work together to understand the current state of their business activities, identify improvements, and define new processes to streamline the business.
At the overall conceptual level, eTOM can be viewed as having the following three major process areas:
- Strategy, Infrastructure & Product covering planning and lifecycle management
- Operations covering the core of operational management.
- Enterprise Management covering corporate or business support management.
COBIT 5.0 FRAMEWORK
ISACA’s COBIT 5 credentials affirm holders among the world’s most-qualified enterprise IT governance professionals. If you’re working in audit and insurance, risk management, or governance of enterprise IT, then COBIT is your one-stop solution for mastering IT. IT professionals such as auditors, IT managers, and managers in IT service-providing firms will find this COBIT course helpful in advancing their careers.
COBIT® 5 Foundation is the entry level certification exam.
Obtaining the Foundation level demonstrates basic knowledge and understanding of the COBIT 5 guidance, principles and models.
- Gain a holistic understanding of the governance and management of an organisation’s internal information systems and technology
- Recommend improvements, by implementation aspects of COBIT 5
Who is COBIT 5 Foundation for:
COBIT 5 is aimed at organisations of all sizes and all sectors. It is ideal for professionals involved in assurance, security, risk, privacy/compliance and business leaders and stakeholders involved in or affected by governance and management of information and IT systems, such as:
- IT Manager
- IT Quality Professionals
- IT Auditors
- IT Consultants
- IT Developers
- IT Operational Management
- ΙT Business Leadership Management
- Managers in IT Service providing firms
- IT Governance and the Political Dimension
- Emergence of IT Governance
- Political and Legislative Drivers
- IT Governance Frameworks
- The Difference Between a Standard and a Framework
- COBIT, ITIL and ISO/IEC 27000
- Core Concepts in COBIT 5
- Governance of Enterprise IT and COBIT 5
- Substantiating the COBIT 5 Principles
- Value Creation and Benefits Realisation
- Categories of IT Investment
- Importance of Categorising Investments
- Key Components of the IT Investment Approval Process
- How Expected Benefits Can be Defined and Quantified
- How Benefits Can be Realised
- Risk Management
- COBIT 5 for Risk
- Drivers for Risk
- COBIT 5 Enablers
- COBIT 5 for Risk and Other Frameworks
- Information Security
- Key Objectives for Information Security
- Drivers for Information Security
- Benefits of COBIT 5 for Information Security
- Capabilities of COBIT 5 for Information Security
- COBIT 5 Enablers for Implementing Information Security
- Implementing Information Security Initiatives
- COBIT 5 for Information Security and Other Frameworks
- Assurance & Drivers for Assurance
- Assurance Engagement
- Key Concepts in Assurance Methodologies and Techniques
- Components of Assurance Initiatives
- Assurance Techniques
- Transforming Cyber Security using COBIT 5